MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
January 25, 2021, 07:17:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326838 Posts in 22248 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  So not in the mood
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: So not in the mood  (Read 2801 times)
alishelly
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »

Aww Polly sorry to hear that sending big hugs your way  big hug big hug big hug
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 04:44:52 PM »

Group hug Group hug Group hug
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »

Hope sales came your way before the end of the day!
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 05:25:24 PM »

Oh Polly, I can imagine how you must have felt  Sad

How did it go in the end?

big hug

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
LQT

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 06:28:33 PM »

Hope things picked up throughout the day!! Now its over curl up on the sofa with a hot drink and hot water bottle  Smiley
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 06:33:16 PM »

Thanks all. I ended up not being so grumpy, mostly thanks to a friend who gave me some paracetemol and my pain felt eased.

I had one woman mutter something about expensive to her friend, I smiled, said hello. She said

'my friend makes soaps and she's a lot cheaper than you' in a smug, what you going to do about that kind of way. Her friend sells for £1.80 a bar. Okay. Well, i explained, mine are nasty chemical free (so's her friends) mine are made with Olive, Palm, Coconut,Castor and Avocado oils
So are my friend's

Me: even avocado

woman: yes,

me: for £1.80 a bar

woman: oh yes. And they are beautiful.

I am glad for her sake and mine that this conversation took place after my dark mood had passed cos she really p'd me off.

In the end, I took £20, enough for an Indian takeway - super delicious, and a bottle of wine - to be consummed very soon  Grin
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »

Oh, please......£1.80 a bar?

No way! Angry She must've been lying through her teeth!

Never mind, Polly, at least you can enjoy our meal and wine!

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 07:36:40 PM »

Or selling to her friend at cost and her friend is now chatting it up at that price.  Only an idiot someone inept at math would come up with a price like that.  Although I do see some soapers over here that sell there's at $3 a bar....  Rant

I am really glad you got through it and that you're home now big hug
LQT

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 09:11:51 PM »

Thanks all. I ended up not being so grumpy, mostly thanks to a friend who gave me some paracetemol and my pain felt eased.

I had one woman mutter something about expensive to her friend, I smiled, said hello. She said

'my friend makes soaps and she's a lot cheaper than you' in a smug, what you going to do about that kind of way. Her friend sells for £1.80 a bar. Okay. Well, i explained, mine are nasty chemical free (so's her friends) mine are made with Olive, Palm, Coconut,Castor and Avocado oils
So are my friend's

Me: even avocado

woman: yes,

me: for £1.80 a bar

woman: oh yes. And they are beautiful.

I am glad for her sake and mine that this conversation took place after my dark mood had passed cos she really p'd me off.

In the end, I took £20, enough for an Indian takeway - super delicious, and a bottle of wine - to be consummed very soon  Grin

hmm yummy, thats the life. I could do with an Indian takeaway now!!

People are always after something for nothing, perhaps she was selling the soap to her at "mates rates"
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 10:11:59 PM »

wow, £1.80...that's rather expensive for small guest bars? I sell mine for £1.00  :mwaha:

Don't worry, there is always someone cheaper than you, how long they last is another thing, especially if they get a 1000-bar order in and realize it's going to cost them £500 to sell it  :mwaha:

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 10:16:30 PM »

wow, £1.80...that's rather expensive for small guest bars? I sell mine for £1.00  :mwaha:

Don't worry, there is always someone cheaper than you, how long they last is another thing, especially if they get a 1000-bar order in and realize it's going to cost them £500 to sell it  :mwaha:

Well maybe they are really really small bars?  :mwaha: :mwaha:

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: