MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 19, 2021, 12:04:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326852 Posts in 22251 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Not So Good Weekend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Not So Good Weekend  (Read 2270 times)
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« on: September 18, 2011, 11:12:05 PM »

Well I knew it had to come - a poor weekend of sales. 

I was in the mall with my Kiosk and Friday I just covered table rent and Saturday I did make some money but certainly not what would be normal.  I discovered that by not being in the mall for 10 months has hurt my business!  We'll see how the rest of this year goes, but I think in the New Year I'm going to scale this back even further if my new job pans out.

Of course I have no intention of stopping completely - that would just be wrong on so very many levels. LOL
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 11:15:57 PM »

Sorry to hear that, Lindy. People are fickle though. One thing I've found with customers is that they don't like change. If they expect you to be there and then you're gone, it takes them some time to come back round. Give it some time.

Eire

Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 11:23:31 PM »

I think Eire has hit the nail on the head there, Lindy - hopefully with the X-word coming up, things will improve!

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 11:31:58 PM »

so sorry to hear that, but it is a bit of an odd time of the year right now, although probably the best time to go back in to the Mall. People aren't really buying for Xmas yet, but they are starting to collect ideas and start saving money. Once they are ready to go Xmas shopping, they remember that you are there.

big hug

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 11:48:39 PM »

Thanks Eire - mostly I'm a little burned out and I really want this to go back to being something I do because I love it rather than because I have to.  Right now I'm still at the have to stage and it's not where I want to be - but I do want my Christmas because it is worth just too many $$$... :buttrf:

Thanks MP & Menolly - I know my Christmas will be great - I will be there every weekend for 3 or 4 days in December.  September is always such a funny month and October can be strange too.  All the retailers in the mall were complaining about sales too so I can't take it personally.  What was strange was how people were back telling me how my old competitor (not in business anymore) did things and I should think about those ideas.  I'm sure they meant them kindly, it just kinda made me go "huh".

On a positive note the Aroma Sticks (scented clothes pegs) did very well....  Grin
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 12:50:19 AM »

Sure to pick before long Lindy!
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 01:10:05 AM »

Thanks Elaine  :buttrf:
Avril

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 08:29:27 AM »

sorry to hear that lindy, but you now know there is a market for your aroma pegs....
Topcat

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 10:40:20 AM »

I think once Christmas rolls around your sales will be back up and more regular Lindy.  Then you can dictate just how much you sell by what you enjoy making *hugs*

Tanya Smiley

Blog ~ http://titaniasdreamydelights.blogspot.com/
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 02:27:27 PM »

Sorry Lindy  Sad  It must have felt like a bit of a blow but I agree with what Eire said and just need some time to come back round.  And, like MP said, it really is a funny time of year.  I am sure that, in a short time, things will turn around.  At least you did cover your costs (not a huge consolation) and you are not out of pocket.  It can only get better  :buttrf: :buttrf: :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 04:59:33 PM »

Thanks ladies, this is my first bad market for a while, but the decision to back it down more in the New Year is based more on wanting to do it because I love it and sell what I make rather than what I have to make - if that makes sense?  This is a really funny town as to what the market is doing at any one time.  I have a lot of loyal customers and for them I will make those products and then for me the stuff that I enjoy.  I want to be able to get back to experimenting rather than simply producing, producing and then producing some more.  Does that make sense?  It's less that I'm discouraged and more I want to have fun again.  I really should have split the OP into 2 posts   Clueless

I love you for all your support...  Group hug
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 05:01:25 PM »

They will all be hooked again in no time, hon. And then the enjoyment will be back. (and the $$$)

Eire

Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 12:22:17 AM »

big hug
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: