MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 18, 2021, 11:59:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326852 Posts in 22251 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Sometimes I don't know why I am doing this.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Sometimes I don't know why I am doing this.  (Read 2901 times)
Honey
Hero+ Member

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 09:24:41 PM »

Would it be worth doing a blog post about why people should buy handmade soap.. copy to your site and copy the text as a notice on your stand too? You could do something simple, bullet points etc ... you could FB and Tweet it too just to get a wider audience?

Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 09:41:40 PM »

It's so hard, isn't it? I agree people need educating, but some are just not open to listening to a 'different version'.  I think they think we might just be trying to flog them our stuff.

It's also tiring to repeat the same thing over and over again, so a simple leaflet is probably a good idea.

I actually just thought a 'comparison' table with concise text (bullet point style) on commercial x handmade soap printed in a card size may be just enough.   :buttrf:
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 09:46:30 PM »

Both good ideas. Thank you.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 10:39:45 PM »

It's a good idea to do something promoting handmade soap and your own products, but I don't think it's a good idea to do a comparison. It may read a bit like 'mine is better than theirs'. You don't need to compare yours to anyone elses, commercial or otherwise, plug it for it's own strengths. As Andy says, some people are just not open to it. Dare I add, I think the best thing you could work on is how you deal with these people that make flippant comments.
This might sound a bit like work on your attitude, it's not. Work on your communication skills on how you deal with this and the confidence to do so.

Eire

Littleswift
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 11:40:49 PM »

Suzanne, would it be worth printing out a wee handout explaining the difference between commercial soap & yours & why yours is so much better for the skin?.

I have made one of these. My other half sticks it on the front of the stall.  It has helped to educate him - I dunno about the customers  :mwaha:. vistaprint did a free small banner offer the other day so I have got a banner with it on coming as well.
dizzybuff

Lives at insomnia central with the night owl.

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 04:19:12 AM »

Goaty has a storyboard of her soap. from the uder pul to the finished product. i think just a list of what goes in your soap with a list of what goes in a commercial home brand may be good avoiding eos as allergens may scare. but put something like i can tell u what is in it and where the ingrediants are from etb blar blar pttttphpt to the lot of u x
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: