MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 25, 2024, 11:52:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Swaps, Trades & For Sale
| |-+  Things for Sale & Special Members Offers!
| | |-+  Books again
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Books again  (Read 3248 times)
wolfhound
senior

« on: September 13, 2011, 02:35:16 PM »

As some of you will already know my husbands increasingly poor health and insufficient sales have meant I have stopped making and selling soap. Therefore I have quite a bit of stock and other items to sell.
I'm starting with the easy ones - books. The price does not include postage which will be at cost. PM if you are interested. I can take cheques or paypal

• The Natural Soap Book - Susan Miller Cavitch. Very good book for the serious soaper. No photos but clear and detailed text. takes you past the basics. £5.00
  • The Fragrant Pharmacy - Valerie Ann Worwood. Not illustrated but covers aromatherapy and essential oils in great depth. very good £2.00
  • Really Jazzy Jars, paperback. Well illustrated, inspiring book on making lovely containers from sinple jars. Too much for commercial use but great for gift giving £2.00
  • Aromatherapy for holisticc Therapists -Francesca Gould. Excellent book for anyone starting out in this area. Ideal for a student. Clear easy to follow and comprehensive. £10 (£23 on amazon)
  • The handmade Soap Book - Melinda Coss. paperback. Very well known author. Well illustrated and some nice recipies. £3.00
  • Gourmet Soaps made easy - melinda Coss Hardback An interesting mix of recipes some using CP and MP together £3.00
  • Melt and mold soap crafting C Kaila Westerman paperback Well illustrated, some interesting ideas, bright and cheerful. as new. (don't like making M&P) £5.00
  • Compendium of Cardmaking techniques - paperback Really wide range of techniques well explained and clearly illustrated. £3.00
  • Herbal Gifts - jane Newdick - hardback Beautifully illustrated and the photos give great ideas for presentation. a range of gifts are given including some for cosmetics £3
  • Scented gifts - Jane newdick Hardback another stunningly illustrated book with some pretty gift ideas £3
  • Natural cosmetics - hardback. simple recipes using mainly fresh indredients, not illustrated  £2.00
  • the small business startup workbook - Cheryl Rickman Really good getting started book. easy to follow and checklists and excercises to do. pity I didn't do all of them! £5
  • natural beauty at home - janice cox. paperback More than 250 recipes for body bath and hair. I was given this book and so dont want anything for it just the postage

Ther will be other things coming soon, once i have them sorted out including EOs FOs bags, jars, botanicals and perhaps my trade scales!
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 02:57:05 PM »

Hi Wolfie, good to see you back. Hope you're holding up ok and looking after yourself too. :buttrf:

I am interested in a few of the books.
Really jazzy jars.
Compendium of cardmaking.
Herbal gifts.
Scented gifts.
Small biz start up.
Natural beauty at home.

Eire

dizzybuff

Lives at insomnia central with the night owl.

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:57:57 PM »

a few rose  :mwaha:
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 03:35:29 PM »

Dd will love these. Think I will have to get kindle for her to save on space. It's not funny how she goes through books.

Eire

PurplePrincess

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »

Hi Wolfie, sorry to hear of your troubles, life can be rather trying at times.

May I have both of the Melinda Coss books & the Natural Soap Book by Susan Miller Cavitch please, if they haven't already found new homes.

Thank you, Sally x

Love, light & lather.
www.findhornbaysoaps.co.uk
Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 08:37:20 PM »

I'd be interested in the Fragrant Pharmacy. I had a copy and I went to look for it and its gone awol.

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »

I am so sorry to hear about your husband!

big hug

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 08:57:59 PM »

Oh Wolfie....  Sad   big hug :buttrf: :buttrf: :buttrf: :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 10:03:13 PM »

Hope you are okay Wolfie, sending you positive thoughts  Kiss

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 10:27:20 PM »

So sorry to hear this - sending positive energies your way  :buttrf:

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 02:04:01 AM »

Wolfhound - I don't know you before now, but please know that I am very sorry to hear that you are needing to give this up.  Wishing you the best. :buttrf:
Cocomartinez

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 11:57:55 AM »

So sorry to hear you´re hanging up your goggles and gloves.

I was interested in the herbal/scented gifts, but I see Eire beat me to it.  Shipping would probably be a pain anyway.

Best of luck to you and your husband!  big hug

¨If you can´t be a good example, then you´ll just have to be a horrible warning.¨ Catherine Aird
PurplePrincess

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 08:50:58 PM »

Hi Gwen,
My books came today & they are brill, thank you so much ....I've pm'd you.  :buttrf:

Sally x

Love, light & lather.
www.findhornbaysoaps.co.uk
Iman

Natural Skin Care

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 12:16:51 AM »

hugs to you Wolf. Sorry you're having such a rough time.
Avril

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 08:48:04 AM »

sorry to hear that...have all the books gone now?
sending  big hug big hug
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: