MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
February 17, 2020, 04:34:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326750 Posts in 22233 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Silicone moulds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Silicone moulds  (Read 1363 times)
kathrynmc

« on: September 10, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »

I bought some of the ice cube moulds from Ikea and tried one for the wax melts, the only problem I have now is that it smells of the fragrance oil I used.  I have had it in the dishwasher twice to try and get rid of the smell.

Has anyone else experienced this

Kathryn
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 05:30:48 PM »

I have also noticed that and haven't been able to get rid of it.
There seem to be different kinds of silicone or if some are plain rubber or something. I have baking silicone moulds which does not keep fragrances.

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 05:36:40 PM »

My silicon moulds have a slight "whiff" of whatever EO/FO I have used before but it doesn't seem to have transferred to the subsequent soap batches - that goes for my two green Crafter's Choice ones as well!

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 05:46:16 PM »

Have you tried spraying with alcohol?

Eire

Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:55:20 PM »

I put mine in a plastic bag with some bicarb/lemon juice and give it a shake a couple of times a day. The smell disappears in a few days Smiley

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
Littleswift
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 11:33:29 PM »

The fragrance is very unlikely to transfer noticeably from one batch to another unless you used something incredibly stinky! If you were making something edible it might be different as our sense of taste is very acute (to avoid poisoning!), but any residue on a bath melt mould would almost certainly be overpowered by whatever fragrance you used next time. I guess you could fill the cavities with a strong bicarb solution for a while if you're worried.
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 07:28:01 AM »

I put mine in a plastic bag with some bicarb/lemon juice and give it a shake a couple of times a day. The smell disappears in a few days Smiley

Good tips there!

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
kathrynmc

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 11:58:14 AM »

Good tip Alphya, i will give that a try

Kathryn
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: