MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 19, 2021, 01:57:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326852 Posts in 22251 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Fangfest weekend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Fangfest weekend  (Read 2165 times)
Em

« on: September 05, 2011, 05:24:39 PM »

Like Retro, I didn't have a great one despite it being the coolest event I've been too. saturday had beautiful weather and a decent turn out just nobody was spending. I amused myself learning how to sculpt, potter, carve logs with chainsaws and build rocking horses. And EJ popped by to see me baring gifts of her lovely egg soap, so that made my afternoon!

Sunday started dreadfully and I was in danger of not making my table money for weekend but when bad weather set in, so did the customers and we had a very good afternoon.

One thing really bothered me about the weekend though - despite it being a strict craft event several tables offered children's lucky dips with bits of plastic tat. The table next to me did most of its business this way. Is that not cheating??? I'm trying to think up things I could put in lucky dips such as mini soaps as it seemed to be a real money spinner - but I want it to be relevent to my craft!

And being a terrible wife I had a massive crush on both the sculptor and the (not especially attractive but sooo skilled and enthusiastic) wooden pen making man. I clearly like men who are good with their hands and am now begging my hubby to take up a craft!

Pic shows my parents helping me set up - I shy from cameras.

* Fangfest 1.jpg (78.21 KB, 720x540 - viewed 401 times.)

* Fangfest 1.jpg_thumb (61.4 KB, 200x150 - viewed 210 times.)

* Fangfest 2.jpg (68.42 KB, 720x540 - viewed 408 times.)

* Fangfest 2.jpg_thumb (58.71 KB, 200x150 - viewed 215 times.)

* Fangfest 4.jpg (61.31 KB, 720x540 - viewed 407 times.)

* Fangfest 4.jpg_thumb (59.57 KB, 200x150 - viewed 215 times.)

www.worldtreetherapies.co.uk
Esby

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 05:52:06 PM »

Your display looks great!  I love your banner too  :buttrf: :buttrf:
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 06:08:03 PM »

Very nice set-up!  Love it! :buttrf: :buttrf: :buttrf:
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »

gorgeous stuff and your set up is beautiful!

Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 06:44:02 PM »

Lovely set up. I am sorry it did not go better for you.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 06:49:19 PM »

Sorry the 1st day was rubbish but it is fabbo that you met up with EJ and learned all those new skills.

Bet your eyelashes ached the next day after all that fluttering and flirting  :mwaha:

I love how your stall is arranged, really pretty but those cute soaps are just adorable.  Love the jigsaw ones and those stripey ones are fab!!! 

Sounds to me that, if nothing else, it gave you some inspiration on how to generate interest (like with the lucky dips etc...)

:buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »

That looks lovely!  :buttrf:

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 06:50:21 PM »

Your set up is really nice, and I just love your colourful logo.

Sorry it didn't went so well for you, but it goes to show that bigger fairs are not necessarily the best.  :buttrf:

madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 07:25:44 PM »

That looks lovely and clean. Sorry to hear that it didn't go so well, I think it must have been a really bad weekend as everyone has struggled. But you got to meet EJ and it sounds like you had a ball  :buttrf:

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »

Sorry you didn;t have such a great event, but it sounds like it was good to be part of it, and your stall looks lovely.
PurplePrincess

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 09:33:50 PM »

Shame things didn't go so well for you, especially with all the effort you've put into your products. Your stall looked lovely.

I sometimes do a lucky dip on my stall, with odds & ends of soaps & bath bombs that have got a bit battered or old looking. I filled the last one with last years left over christmas stuff that I found in a box after we moved house recently. I charge £1 a go & as everything that goes in usually sells for more than that everyone gets a bargain & I have a little less excess to add to the mountains I already have.

Sally x

Love, light & lather.
www.findhornbaysoaps.co.uk
Em

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »

I think the lucky dip is a good idea if it's relevent to the products you sell. Especially as so many people only want to buy the cheapest items - we sold loads of M&P soaps therefore. I'll definitely put something together with soap and bath bomb odds and ends. I have a lovely little hamper I can put them in too.

www.worldtreetherapies.co.uk
Avril

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 01:07:22 PM »

lovely set up, shame about sales...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: