MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
December 09, 2021, 08:10:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326867 Posts in 22254 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Renaissance Festival
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Renaissance Festival  (Read 2517 times)
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« on: August 03, 2011, 05:44:42 AM »

What a weekend!  First I forgot my top to the tent.  I thought it was still in the van - not  Tongue  Fortunately one of the other vendors lent me a tarp:

I think it qualifies for ugliest tent award.

So first night everything is fine, second night it rains.  I had covered everything just in case but it poured and all the boxes for my shave soaps and creams were destroyed.

Then my friend who I've known for years decides I'm not qualified to recommend a cream to a customer asking for something to relieve eczema.  I have one called baby butt balm made with Zinc Oxide and lanolin as well as other ingredients and it has gained a reputation with customers as the only thing that does relive their symptoms.  What am I supposed to do - say nope they all just pretty stuff, so the tension begins.  She ends up doing nothing but being negative and criticizing how many people were coming through the gate, how little money I was making, how I determine if a show was successful, the management of the show and then on the last day she kept at me until I tore done early.  I had already spoken to the organizers about bringing the vehicles on the grounds once the pub-sing started at 7PM and they told me it wouldn't be a problem and then apologized to me that the show hadn't been stronger.  I let him know that it actually was okay.

At any rate - I did 4 x fee and with my travelling costs I did 100% profit.....  A friend lost, but I've decided it's not such a loss I wasn't at the show to entertain her, she asked if she could do the show with me and she knew I was there to work as she had been to the one 2 years ago with me.  Whatever.... grumpy

Okay - I didn't take a lot of pictures, but here are a couple....

The rest of the pictures (not a lot) are HERE
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 07:25:10 AM »

I'm glad you at least had some profit from it. Stall looks very nice (besides the top).  Grin  Too bad about your friend.
She was probably envious of you having all these beautiful products and set up.
Great pics.

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 08:34:23 AM »

That's such a shame about your friend. It can be hard for people to realise that you are actually working when you do a fair, not there to sit back and have a gossip.

Great news about your profits (and great photos too, I'm especially loving the 1st one  - pretty gorgeous  Grin )
fionab

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 12:20:26 PM »

Great profits. Shame about your friend. Sometimes people are just negative. But well done you. The stall looks good and the products look lovely and eye catching. :buttrf:

Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 03:31:46 PM »

Wow!  That looks like it was great fun, even though it was at work.  I don't know, I kind of like the 'uniqueness' of the tent  Wink.  Well done for doing so well though!!!   Happy Bounce   :buttrf:

P.S.  The guy in the second pic looks rather nice  Grin

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 05:54:36 PM »

Thanks ladies - yes the tent looked very "unique".  I actually got used to it so when I downloaded the pictures it was a shock to the system again.  I think I actually avoided looking at it.  I did see some great ideas for decorating the tent which I'm thinking about incorporating.  Plus I think I may have gotten 2 new wholesale accounts, both private label.  Daven both of them may mean some more stamps - hee hee hee.

My friend actually showed traits that I think I always knew were there, but in other situations I was able to ignore.  This weekend those traits were in my face including being a huge bigot which is something I just cannot tolerate.  So I may not have enjoyed the weekend with her, I am grateful to realize that she had been a negative impact in my life that was more of an energy draw rather than a supportive friend.  So it's all good.

Ladies there were some hunks there and I am so sorry I didn't get more pictures.  I do love a man in a kilt when he knows how to wear it and cuts a fine figure in it like - oh I don't know - the one in the picture....  :mwaha:
PurplePrincess

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 09:25:37 PM »

There's nowt as queer as folk is there!

At least you were able to enjoy the other parts of the weekend....especially the men in kilts....I know exactly what you mean!  Cheesy

Sally x

Love, light & lather.
www.findhornbaysoaps.co.uk
Topcat

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 07:33:15 AM »

Hmmm...me likey the kilt too!  Cheesy

Sorry about your friend.  It is good to see someone clearly and be able to decide how to proceed (or not) with them, so that was an un-looked-for benefit for you *hugs*

Tanya Smiley

Blog ~ http://titaniasdreamydelights.blogspot.com/
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 10:30:04 AM »

There are, sadly, some people who do just drain energy from people (sort-of emotional vampires). Ah, well - as Sally said, "Nowt as queer as folk".

The stall really did look good, despite the unconventional top - and I deeply appreciate you posting the pic of the gorgeous man in the kilt  Wink

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
Celia

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 01:52:19 PM »

Georgeous set up and what a beautiful dog. I can imagine a couple of those lying infront of my fireplace
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 02:05:04 PM »

I am glad it went well for you. Pehaps your "friend" was jealous and is best ignored! Your stall loolked great. No wonder you did well.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
lyndsayfink
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 05:51:59 PM »

Georgeous set up and what a beautiful dog. I can imagine a couple of those lying infront of my fireplace

I was worried I was the only one eyeing up the dog rather than the kilted man! What a lovely hound! I'm sure a couple would fill a room though.

Your stall looks lovely, I quite like the billowy roof. Glad you can see the good for you in making a break from your negative friend  :buttrf:
Esby

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 05:59:52 PM »

Sorry to hear about your friend.  That's the last thing you needed... with rain, no top, etc.  Glad to hear you came out ahead though and it looks like it is a fun event.   And, if you gain a few wholesale accounts from it... that would be wonderful too. 
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 06:41:27 PM »

Thanks everyone - it really is good to see people for who they really are and Menolly she is definitely an energy vampyre so this break is good.

I truly do enjoy this event - they people are fun, the acting poor but enthusiastic and the vendors are all great people.  There were some vendors from two years ago and it was wonderful to see them and be remembered.....  Overall, now that I have some distance from it, it was truly a successful weekend, in ways beyond financial....  Grin  definitely a keeper.....

Tanya my friend, it seems to be the year for me on seeing people for who they really are, kind of a purge eh?  big hug big hug big hug
Topcat

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 03:52:42 AM »

Tanya my friend, it seems to be the year for me on seeing people for who they really are, kind of a purge eh?  big hug big hug big hug

That is does Lindy  :buttrf:

Tanya Smiley

Blog ~ http://titaniasdreamydelights.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: