MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
December 09, 2021, 07:52:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326867 Posts in 22254 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  A Catastrophic Start to My Fair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: A Catastrophic Start to My Fair  (Read 3184 times)
Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 10:43:18 AM »

Dear me, that sounds awful!

Good on you for being proactive and focused, like someone mentioned, I'd probably just sit down and cry...

Wishing you good luck and that your sales well pay off your loss.  :buttrf:

(you don't mention, so I'm assuming the antiques were not family bond)
Nature

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 10:58:55 AM »

What a shame - sounds like something that only happens on tv - hope the fair more than makes up for it    :buttrf:
lee
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 02:01:04 PM »

that sounds like a complete nightmare at least it did not stop you.......good for you!!
benaturals
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 04:01:31 PM »

You poor thing!!! Chin up, I'm sure you will sell in the following days to come lots & lots of your lovely products x
 :buttrf:
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 05:29:58 PM »

Thank you so much!

Andy the antiques were ones I had collected originally for me, but I have them with me and if someone wants to buy it they can.  So no real emotional attachment and no family history - thank the heavens.  Today is my last day at the festival and it is expected to be the quietest, but so far this weekend I have sold $750.  I would love to make it a round $1,000 but that's unlikely today.... however we'll see.

This year I didn't have any competition there and I met another soaper who I have heard of.  She is known for making wonderful soap and she also makes a dog shampoo.  She has a chemical sensitivity so only uses EO's.  Apparently she has been given my soap and she said it is one of the few in the area that she really likes....

So that was a nice surprise.

So horrid start but an amazing show so far!

Thanks for being there with me - I so appreciate your support  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: