MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 19, 2021, 12:18:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326852 Posts in 22251 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Rained Out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Rained Out  (Read 1934 times)
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« on: July 16, 2011, 03:44:50 PM »

Today was supposed to be my first day at my first festival in 2 years - the forecast is for rain, rain & yup more rain.  The vendor area is an open field/meadow so I've decided that it is highly unlikely that people will be making sandcastles in the rain, or anything else much outside either.  Which means - wait for it - yup I've decided not to attend.  Cry

I kinda feel like a wimp but I just don't want to spend the money on a ferry & fuel to sit miserably in the rain without customers.  Shrug?  I'll see what tomorrow brings as to whether I'll be attending at all.  Stupid weather shake fist
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 03:46:29 PM »

I don't blame you Lindy!
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 04:18:56 PM »

Soap and rain don't mix, so I can understand why you have decided not to go.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »

Thank you - those were my thoughts too, plus I had visions of my bath bombs and shower tabs fizzing away in their respective jars....  :mwaha:

I waiting to see what tomorrow brings - 30% chance of rain for tomorrow being forecast....  Undecided
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »

You did  the right thing, I would have done the same. Such a shame though as i know the amount of preparation you would have done to get your stock ready for sale
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 07:22:58 PM »

What a shame but I think you did the right thing.  Let's hope tomorrow brings better weather for you  :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 07:51:36 PM »

Thanks - between the rain and the mist I can't even see the island  Shocked  so I am really comfortable with my decision. The forecast is saying rain tomorrow too, so the whole weekend may be a wash (pun intended)  :mwaha:
Esby

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 10:59:36 PM »

I don't blame you a bit Lindy.  Not many people will show up in the rain, and your product could get ruined or damp.  I've canceled events for the same reason.  Did you have to pay an entry fee?
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 12:33:00 AM »

Nope this was the only one this year without an entry fee....  I'm now waiting to see what tomorrow brings....  Tongue
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 12:42:06 PM »

Oh, Lindy, what a shame - I know you've been looking forward to the festivals.

I did a School Summer Fair yesterday - torrential rain, so they held the whole event inside the school. The organisation was excellent - they had really thought things through in the event of bad weather and a lot of families attended, but I only took £26 and the table fee was £15.
Still, quite a few people took my cards and brochures.

Keeping my fingers x'd for you!

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
Nature

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 04:40:00 PM »

Hope nobody in the North West has been doing outside fairs this weekend 'cos it's not stopped raining yet!
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »

Menolly I'm sorry it was such a slow one for you..... big hug

So today is a new day, however I'm rained out again.... Shrug?  This is the smallest of the festivals for the year so I'm not too upset I just hope that summer decides to join us for the August long weekend when I'm in Langley..... *sigh*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: