MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
December 09, 2021, 08:14:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326867 Posts in 22254 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Yesterdays stall
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Yesterdays stall  (Read 3565 times)
lyndsayfink
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 08:05:02 PM »

Ah, it looks really nice! I like the little cubby holes with jars etc in  :buttrf:
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 08:31:18 PM »

What a pretty and beautifully presented stall!!!  It looks delightful
 :buttrf: :buttrf:

Oh Polly, I am so sorry about your sales figures, I really am  Sad big hug

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 09:04:17 PM »

Thanks guys, and thanks for the hugs Helen. I needed them yesterday. things were better today, but over the weekend i took half of what i normally take, but thankfully I have enough to buy mroe ingredients  Happy Bounce

vanilla - i changed the layout slightly after this picture was taken. I kept the naked soaps out, but added some of the wrapped soaps too. no difference in sales, cos they pretty much all went for the coloured peaky topped soaps I showed off a few days ago. I sold 4 of teh branded Miss Polly soaps, and I'm sure that is cos the other ones caught their eye more.

Corrie, the cake stand was fro BHS i got it about 8 months ago, but I know they still have that range in the shops. I 'think' it's about
18cm -20cm diameter, based on what I can fit on it.

the woodcrafter (not the guy you know Corrie) did fabulously well today (sold 2 clocks to one customer, £140 thank you very much) and continued to sell. other than him, we all just ticked along. Most of these guys have been crafting for over 20 years and they are scunnered with the whole craft fair scene these days. that at least should let us newbies know that it isn;t out products, it's the overall financial situation.
LimeBlossom
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »

Looks fab Polly....cant wait till you come to Edinbugger.... :buttrf:
Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 09:28:34 PM »

the woodcrafter (not the guy you know Corrie) did fabulously well today (sold 2 clocks to one customer, £140 thank you very much) and continued to sell. other than him, we all just ticked along. Most of these guys have been crafting for over 20 years and they are scunnered with the whole craft fair scene these days. that at least should let us newbies know that it isn;t out products, it's the overall financial situation.

That is depressing and encouraging both ...

There is a market I've been at for close to two years, and craft sales have plummeted. Difficult not to start doubting your product, esp when people still seem to have no problem buying sweets and cake!!  Grin

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 09:31:11 PM »

Polly - I'm glad you had a better day today - it gets discouraging.  Great display.....

Iulia I have never seen cakes and sweets do poorly at a show, sometimes it makes me want to change careers :mwaha:
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 09:32:56 PM »

Iulia I have never seen cakes and sweets do poorly at a show, sometimes it makes me want to change careers :mwaha:

Me too. Thankfully they don;t have food stalls at the events I do at Culzean or I doubt i would sell anything.

Lime Blossom - looking forward to Edinburgh too, I hope you can make it

corrie
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2011, 10:19:11 PM »

Glad you had a better day but you're right things are not what they should be. Very tough  Sad
Thanks for the info on the cake stand, I'll have a look at their website  Smiley
Eddie (woodturner) is a jammy swine & you can tell him that from me  :mwaha:, he rolls (literally) in wearing the same tshirt every time, unshaven, is very "couthy" yet he sells! His stuff is nice though, if you like that kinda thing  Undecided

eta just read your post again, it wasn't the guy I know - just another jammy beggar!
Avril

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 11:01:54 PM »

hey, glad you did better today Polly...I have not been around for a few months but just popped in to say Hi...
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »

gorgeous display Polly, sorry it ddn't go quite as well as you'd hoped. I agree, we are all suffering at the moment, we just have to try and stick it out until the upturn.  :buttrf:

farmerswife
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 12:33:50 AM »

Stall looks fanatastic and such a lot of stock. One day.....

I like to sell my soaps naked too (because I can't be bothered faffing about with ribbons etc. - it just takes up so much time).
Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 07:55:22 AM »

Lovely display, I really like how the peaked soaps are packed!  :buttrf:
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: