MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
December 09, 2021, 08:58:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326867 Posts in 22254 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  For all those with fairs and events this weekend......
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Topic: For all those with fairs and events this weekend......  (Read 4507 times)
Em

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 05:59:22 PM »

Hope no one's going to be outdoors in North Yorkshire. Raining a veritable petshop round here! Good luck everyone!

www.worldtreetherapies.co.uk
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 06:03:14 PM »

The weather is fine here in Middlesex, and I'm off to visit Pam right now! Smiley

Just got back from the Fete and was chuffed to have made a bit of money but even more chuffed to meet Emma (thanks so much for popping in, honey!!!). OK I covered my table and a bit over (L_______ won't have to worry yet  Wink ) but more importantly, I made some contacts.
No "funnies" to report from this one (very well-behaved, polite customers).

Suzanne and Janie - so sorry your events were disappointing - there just doesn't seem to be any way of predicting what the sales are going to be like.

anyhoo - my feet ache and I've decided that it is Wine O'Clock - just had a Happy Birthday phone call from my "little" brother in South Africa with some exciting news - he has been offered a job here in the UK (he's a balloon pilot), and I'm keeping everything x'd for him. Also got to have a chat with my mum, who had dropped in  to my brother's place for the afternoon! This has been just about the best birthday I've had for a long time!!!

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 06:20:23 PM »

Well Culzean was crap, even though it was a gloriouisly sunny day. There were just so few people about. £62 quid I made. Not happy. I was hoping for a few hundred bewteen today and tomorrow but  that ain't gonna happen  Angry

I'm serioulsy having second thoughts about things now.
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 07:15:36 PM »

What a nice thread to start  Smiley :buttrf:

I too wish everyone well and yipee for those that did do well and lovely that some got mini meet-ups  Happy Bounce

So sorry for those that didn't do well.  Keep on going Polly, you never know, tomorrow may more than make up for a rubbish day today  big hug :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 07:28:37 PM »

'twas lovely to meet you and your dh Pam! & I bumped into the lovley ladies at jamtasticks too and bought some marmalade! Can't wait to try the bath truffles Pam, the smell heavenly Smiley

I too have been thinking about giving it all up, but I think I am going to try and stick it out while things are rough and hope that it gets better.....I just have to stay positive.

Sorry Polly and others who had a bad day, it really takes it out of you doesn't it?  makes you think 'is it all worth it?'   then I remember it's my ticket out a real job if it picks up enough.... :buttrf:

nakedtruthbeauty
Hero+ Member

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 07:31:02 PM »

Not a fantiastic day for me either. Luckily I was helping out, so no stall fee, which helped.

Em, hello to you, don't think we've chatted yet, I'm in Harrogate, so we're virutally neighbours!

Avril

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 11:20:46 PM »

So sorry to hear about the down turn in sales... hoping your other venues are better...
Cocomartinez

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »

Sorry it sounds so grim out there.  Better luck next time! :buttrf:

¨If you can´t be a good example, then you´ll just have to be a horrible warning.¨ Catherine Aird
Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 12:01:12 PM »

Glad it went ok Pam!

I think I only did about 70 quid which just isn't worth it, and noone else did much better  Sad

Janie, you think 70 quid is bad - the other day I banked the grand sum of £79.  ok slightly more - but that was the sum total of my takings from the last FOUR fairs...   Sad 
Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 12:10:54 PM »

Glad it went ok Pam!

I think I only did about 70 quid which just isn't worth it, and noone else did much better  Sad

Janie, you think 70 quid is bad - the other day I banked the grand sum of £79.  ok slightly more - but that was the sum total of my takings from the last FOUR fairs...   Sad 

Is it the dreaded recession (I've only been trading since Jan so am not sure what trade is like when we are not being credit crunched) or is it the time of year or what? I keep hoping things will improve, some months I barely make a grand and although it's not like I am twiddling my thumbs cos there is always work to do, but I'm limited on how many direct sales stuff I can manage what with the kids and not being able to drive, and hubby doing such long hours and my main job taking up so much time................. ah pants I'm sure it'll be ok once the government stop bankrupting the entire country  Undecided

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning......
Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 12:36:14 PM »

I guess it is the recession thing, I've only been trading about the same time as you really, though technically been trading since Oct/Nov last year (had a wholesale customer but she only made one order as things haven't gone as planned for her with her biz.)  I have only been doing fairs since easter, my website is still not done, I get plenty of local shops etc asking to stock my stuff but only on sale or return, they don't want to pay out for an order. 

I keep hoping things will improve, some months I barely make a grand

Heck you're doing well girl!  I can't bring myself to even look at my figures atm my takings are so pitiful!   Embarrassed
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2011, 01:30:33 PM »

Selkie, I make no where near a grand a month in my office job, if I took even half that soapy wise I'd be the happiest bunny here.
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2011, 02:39:04 PM »

Selkie, I make no where near a grand a month in my office job, if I took even half that soapy wise I'd be the happiest bunny here.

^^this Smiley

farmerswife
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 12:24:55 AM »

I had a rotten fair at the weekend too - hardly anyone there and I travelled all the way to Glasgow for it - didn't even cover my table. Came home and made over 100 at my local itsy bitsy market - you just never know !!
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »

I had a fair this weekend as well. I wasn't going to do it, but the woman organizing it insisted. It was outside, a primary school summer fair. Weather looked really iffy, bright sunshine and then rain clouds, thick and heavy. The customers came through the door proudly displaying Lidl plastic bags, mainly harassed mums and toddlers. I thought this is going to go so badly. 2 hours in and I managed to sell one soap to another stall holder....but I forgot how it is at these fairs, the bulk of people doesn't actually arrive until much later and by the end I made 35 pounds profit!!! And had a sun burn, it started raining as we were packing up, so absolutely perfect.

It's not a lot of money, considering I spent 6 hrs there, but much better than I expected. And I even got some help from the kids bringing things back to the car. And while I was there, my neighbour texted me and invited me for dinner - so I had a really good day and no cooking!  :buttrf:

But I can't survive off these small fairs.....

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: