MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 19, 2021, 01:07:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326852 Posts in 22251 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Worst fair I ever attended :0(
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Topic: Worst fair I ever attended :0(  (Read 4263 times)
Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2011, 01:36:11 PM »

Sorry to hear all these stories, but, yes, I always try to see the positive side of things!

I'm sure they will love your baaaas!  Wink
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2011, 05:24:12 PM »

I am really sorry that you had such rubbish experiences, it must really be disheartening, especially since you work so very hard on what you do.  Keep going though because there's always a good experience for every bad one  Wink :buttrf: big hug

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
fionab

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 08:05:01 AM »

Sorry that you had such a bad experience. Some customers just like to complain like that. Some seem to think that you're desperate for their custom and that they are doing you a favour.

Don't fret. You will have better days. Smiley

gillsta
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2011, 08:11:58 AM »

so sorry it was so cr*p. I had a bad one a few weeks ago at a school. None of the parents had any idea that stalls would be there so only turned up with small change for kiddy winks. I sold two bars of soap. I did not pay for the stall either. They did no advertising in the village either. So I wont go back stuff em  :mwaha:
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2011, 08:59:32 AM »

I was once asked to do a fair in Arran - a 30 min car journey and an hour in the boat - each way and then the cost of taking the car over. Of course I said no.

When I met the ladie at another fair I was at, she was quick to tell me that they had such a good day, there was over 100 people attended. 100 people! How glad was I that i didn't go.
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2011, 10:18:23 AM »

gosh, so sorry it was pants, as it has been mentioned...there have been plenty of late, I have been complaining quite a bit about them Wink
Hope the next one is much, much better :buttrf:

gurdeep

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 09:44:14 PM »

iI am new to this forum but do markets up and down the country and sell handmicrafts (wooden) and when a customer say that the bear/cat or what ever is expensive I just turn round and sell them a block of wood and say please feel free to crave one themselves that usally shuts them up. the tent you brought needs to be a heavey duty one if you need help let me know
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: