MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
December 04, 2021, 05:48:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326867 Posts in 22254 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Have a look at my new...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Topic: Have a look at my new...  (Read 4495 times)
goatysoap
« on: June 27, 2011, 11:41:43 AM »

...craft fair buddy!! Meet Marigold...(modelled on my real goat, savannah and badly drawn by me!!)

Small child in background had to just jump in soon as she saw the camera  :mwaha:

Marigold has a fully functioning udder that people can come along and have a got at milking (only got water in it) and I'm hoping it will draw people over to get them talking about goats and goats milk in general
I also now have a diddy table and chairs so that little people can sit and colour in pictures of goats, a huge banner to tell people what I am selling (ie. no its not fudge!!) and designing an A-frame with lots of goaty facts on.
After my disaster (see 'worst fair I ever attended thread  Wink   ) I decided I needed to act fast and try to make the stall more interesting to pull people over. If nothing else, my 4 children can learn how to milk Marigold ready for when I let them milk my real goats!  
Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:00:01 PM »

wow you are clever!! The goat looks really good, not badly drawn at all.  But how the heck did you manage to make a fake working udder?   :mwaha:  I wouldn't know where to begin!

Seriously it's a great idea, I bet you'll be a real talking point at fairs.  Do let us know how your first outing with Marigold goes!
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »

Brilliant idea!  :buttrf:

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:31:26 PM »

Great idea! And very resourceul of you - a working udder! That will really get peeps talking and it is so great to use the goat as a way of getting people to know more about your soaps
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 12:34:36 PM »

Good idea - let us know how you get on.
sidewalk

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:40:28 PM »

Such a novel idea,it looks like it will be a real talking point which will translate into sales for you! Smiley
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 02:09:45 PM »

Great idea!

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 02:24:46 PM »

That is a really cool idea.It's great when people think outside the box. Don't be surprised if people ask if you sell fresh goats milk though.  His/her left but cheek looks a bit swollen though. Cheesy

Eire

goatysoap
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 02:43:51 PM »

Ah well that would be handy because I do sell fresh goats milk for puppies and kittens (fostered lambs etc) and ALWAYS have more milk than we know what to do with  Grin
Michelle
senior
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 04:14:31 PM »

what a brilliant idea and really resourceful of you. I wouldnt know where to start lol

I think its going to draw people in. Good luck.

Life is for Living, laughing and loving
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 08:16:03 PM »

Love it!  That is such a great idea and I can only imagine how busy it will make your stall!  :buttrf:
corrie
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »

Superb idea! I'm sure it will prove to be a big draw to your stall & make people smile  Grin
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 09:47:35 PM »

Aw, I love that!  It is fantastic!

P.S.  She looks like she's riding the goaty   :buttrf: :mwaha:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Esby

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 07:31:13 PM »

Great idea... so much fun!  I would stop if I were there  :mwaha:
Denice