MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
May 01, 2024, 11:00:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  My First Craft Fair is this weekend.............
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Topic: My First Craft Fair is this weekend.............  (Read 5292 times)
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« on: June 17, 2011, 07:23:19 PM »

and I have never been so nervous in my life! Not when I took my "A" Levels, my driving test, or even the Viva Voce for my Diploma in Management Studies!

It is a 2-day event and the weather looks set to be vile!
I have packed the bath bombs in plastic boxes - don't want any premature effervescence going on  :mwaha:

As many of the people attending will be staying on site, I hope that keeps them coming into the Craft Marquee and spending money on my and my fellow craftspeoples goodies!

I promise to post pix - please keep your fingers x'd for us.

I feel like I'm sending my babies out into the Big Wide World  Embarrassed

Have just seen that there is a handmade chocolatier attending - this could mean the start of a beautiful friendship  Grin
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:27:44 PM by Menolly » Logged

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
Nature

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 07:29:37 PM »

I hope you have a fantastic weekend and sell loads    :buttrf:
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 07:36:24 PM »

Best of luck!

(where is it?)
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 07:38:05 PM »

Good luck.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
LimeBlossom
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »

Good luck... :buttrf:
Scott
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 08:41:29 PM »

Good luck for your first fair! Sometimes good, sometimes not so good, sales wise, and can be a bit downheartening if the latter is the case - but great learning experience - really hope you do well  :buttrf:
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 08:48:24 PM »

Hope you do really well hun Smiley

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 09:30:15 PM »

Best of luck - go and have fun xx
corrie
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »

Best of luck Menolly, 'tis daunting for the first one but after a wee while you'll find you're pitch and sales banter. Wishing you all the best!
Where are you? What's the event?
Menolly

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 09:38:45 PM »

Thanks, guys.

It is the Dunsfold LandRover Collection Open Weekend - near (but not on) the Dunsfold Aerodrome of "Top Gear" fame. This is only the second year that they have had a Craft marquee - Colleen who is organising it said that once she got on the committee, she insisted that they had something for the wives, girlfriends and children over the weekend.
When Kevin and I used to go to the annual Morgan Sports Car Club event, they always had a crafts/retail therapy area (don't remember anyone selling soaps though).

They have apparently got 160 pitches booked for campers (tents, vans and presumably caravans) - poor souls, it is tiddling down with rain here!

I'm nearly ready now - just got to run the ir*n over my table cloth one last time and check my Checklist.

Will let you know how it goes!

retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 10:14:17 PM »

sounds like a fab weekend )bar the rain) hope you have a great time, meet lots of nice folk, and sell a bundle too Smiley :buttrf:

Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 11:47:47 PM »

Good luck!  Most of all just go and have fun.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy doing fairs and markets....  Here's praying for good weather...
Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 12:00:07 AM »

Hope it goes well

Don't forget your wellies :mwaha:
Menolly

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 08:53:06 AM »

Oh boy, was it WET!!!
We got there really early to set up (had to be all done by 8.30am) and at that point, there hadn't been many vehicles up and down the field so getting the Volvo up to the tent was fairly easy.
Then it started to rain.......and stopped.........and rained......and stopped! On and off all day, which meant that loads of people crammed into the marquee. At one point, lightning struck the top of the marquee (loads of sparks and a bright flash) which was a bit of a shock

And I sold soap! I covered my stall fee on Saturday, plus £28.

I had a lady visiting from Canada who fell in love with my May Chang bar and came back on Sunday to buy it (I had reserved one for her, even though she said not to worry). I think she would have cried if I hadn't, though,  because by the time she came into the marquee I had sold my last May Chang bar.
She was so pleased that I had put it to one side, and she bought one of my Kitchen Witch (Rosemary & Citrus) bars as well. I really think that she would have bought more of  the May Chang if I had had it to sell - actually, it was one of the best-selling ones.

Sunday was a better day, weather-wise, although the site was a complete quagmire - I guess after umpteen Land Rovers had been trundling all over it, that was bound to happen. We were able to leave all the stock and the stalls set up overnight, as they had site security and when the event closed on Sunday, they had Land Rovers running us back with everything to the car park - I had taken my wellies though, so at least the trips to the Portapotties wasn't too bad.

I don't think any of the crafters did as well on Sunday, which was a surprise as there were more families there and the weather was much better. The Chocolatier and the lady with yummy fudge did OK, but the people with the stained glass window clings had a bit of a disappointing weekend, as did the couple with the lovely hand-drawn images that had then been put on to bags, coasters, mouse-mats etc.

All of the crafters were lovely, and so friendly - and we have learned an awful lot from just this one event! I did take an additional £20 on Sunday - mostly because the lady organising the event came in with a friend and they bought bath melts, truffles,and bath teas and bombs.

I will post pix when I get a minute - have to sort out my boxes and put everything away until 9th July (next one!) Grin

Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 09:31:47 AM »

What a shame about the weather!  Glad you enjoyed it though!  Well done, have you got any more fairs booked?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: