MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
January 22, 2021, 05:59:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326838 Posts in 22248 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  average stall cost
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: average stall cost  (Read 2683 times)
dizzybuff

Lives at insomnia central with the night owl.

« on: June 17, 2011, 11:19:35 AM »

I only ask as I have been asked to have a stall at a craft fair , this would mean making alot more before then and a number of other rather legal things ..

Whats the average cost somepeople pay.
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 11:20:28 AM »

20 - 50 quid so far !!

dizzybuff

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 11:24:06 AM »

Ahh well it falls in the lower price range to be sure , but it will be alot of work for me , and as I only have soaps Im not sure it will be worth it . with petrol it will cost me about 30 quid for the day , then theres the set up of the stall etc . The venue looks dark and im not sure what advertising the organiser is doing herself. I may ask her
Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 11:41:03 AM »

The fairs around where I live (Chiswick, London) are £150 for cheapest stalls. And these are charity events run at council hall or parks!!!
dizzybuff

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 11:41:43 AM »

The fairs around where I live (Chiswick, London) are £150 for cheapest stalls. And these are charity events run at council hall or parks!!!

Glad I dont live in london anymore  Grin
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 12:13:38 PM »

holy moly Andy...really?  gosh, I am not far from you, I can't believe those prices!  I am going to try Richmond soon, I imagine that will be a lot more Smiley

Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »

I usually pay £20 for a stall, some are as little as £10.  I usually have to travel up to 30 miles each way though, so there's petrol costs on top of that.
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 12:54:05 PM »

i think the most I've paid is £45 but there are a lot of £25 fee events round here. My Culzean ones are only £15 which is fab!
Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 01:03:32 PM »

The cheapest I ever paid around here was £50 and this was 2 years ago...

Have no idea about Richmond, but like you say, I expect it to be around the same. Perhaps farmers market would be cheaper...
sidewalk

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »

I am not suprised London would be pricey, £150 is a lot. A trade show in London or Birm is £2k space only Shocked

Those paying about £20-50 are lucky lucky Smiley I must see if I can find any £20 ones :mwaha:
Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 01:52:57 PM »

Those paying about £20-50 are lucky lucky Smiley I must see if I can find any £20 ones :mwaha:

It depends on how much you can expect to make at a fair tho...I only have cheap stall fees, but sometimes I only take enough to cover the stall fee & my petrol costs...you don't very often get people spending a lot at fairs round here.  I even did a new fair last weekend where there was no stall fee charged.  However I then had to sit there for 6 hours and only took £10 - mega depressing!!   Tongue
sidewalk

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 03:32:07 PM »

I understand what you mean Vanilla and I feel for you being at a show and getting £10, that sucks, but other shows are and will be better.
The way I see it, is if you just get back your taking and petrol, you have still been able to be seen, get the word out about your company, get feedback and thoughts from customers buying or not, direct potential customers to your website, just because they dont buy on the day, they may buy in future. Smiley
TerrisGold

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 04:41:54 PM »

I was just browsing Cirenscester Craft Fair on the web, and they charge £24 a day for a stall 8' x 2'6".......a friend said they get a lot of people there
Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 12:29:21 AM »

It really does seem to vary from place to place, and for every event too.

I did one a few months ago (jewellery and hats, not soap) and they asked for £20 or 10%, whichever was highest.  It was done on a trust basis that crafters would be honest.
It's probably best that you ask directly about the cost of the stall, what time they expect you for setting up etc and how many people they're expecting.  That way you at least have an idea of what you may expect on the day
gurdeep

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 09:25:48 PM »

:mwaha: I do a market every week and that cost between 300-500 pound but my stall size is 7.5 m and i also sell wooden handicrafts as well to balance it out
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: