MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
December 03, 2020, 09:36:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326836 Posts in 22247 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Wax Melts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Wax Melts  (Read 2990 times)
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 05:33:10 PM »

wow £2.00 for a 27g melt - that's a lot  Shocked

I was thinking around the 0.60 for a single melt (mine are 11g), 2.50 for 5 and 4.50 for 10 ?

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 06:44:29 PM »

Ooh yes, I am going to have a go at these. I used to buy a lot of YC ones, because my cousin was a re-seller over here.
After my little altercation with SB and their sh**ty melting plastic containers, I just put my wax away and didn't think about it after that Tongue

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
shelltilly

Shelltilly

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 10:12:45 PM »

Mp I read somewere that the Fo has to be heated up too, I put mine in a plastic syringe or small jam jar and put it in boiling water to warm up a bit as if you add cold oil or even RT oils to the wax it can cause the wax to go cloudy.. Its supposed to keep the scent in the wax and scent throw better too, I use soy wax and use amounts in ratio to 10% FO to wax and sell them for 2.99 for 4.  Ikea heart,  shaped ice molds. Get the wax colours in a sample pack, you get every colour, loads v cheap at 4 candles. I burn them in burners on my stall, hidden under the table, they think its the scent of the soap, it draws people to your stall.  I have a bubble making machine from Early L toy shop too, it blows bubbles all over and draws people.  I dont have much experience at all, only doing one stall and my second one  this Sat outdoors.  The Weather scares me and Im getting nervous, Daughters going to help me.

Shell
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 10:26:46 PM »

shelltilly what brilliant ideas!!

Yeah - the Ikea heart ice cube tray is what I used - I have the new red one sitting around and don't like the shape for anything b&b, but it works for wax melts.

I didn't heat up the FO, but not sure if it would cloud a white wax? I see what you mean though as it cooled the wax down quite a bit and the last heart was difficult to pour. Will add some warmed FO next time.

I am very good and not have not lit the candle yet under the oil burner. Mainly because I am too exhausted to go to the car to get out the pack of candles I bought  :mwaha:

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 06:49:26 AM »

And where are the pics of all this exciting stuff?  Popcorn

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: