MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
December 03, 2020, 09:47:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326836 Posts in 22247 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Bought candle mould's, metal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Bought candle mould's, metal  (Read 1715 times)
shelltilly

Shelltilly

« on: February 12, 2011, 04:33:01 PM »

I just have one problem, How do I get the candle out of the mould when its cool.  I use pillar soy was, I thought they were supposed to shrink so they slip out easily??  should I use vasaline or pop in the freezer or what Huh?
I weill post of pic, but the one I did I ran under boiling water and it softened the wax candle and has unsightly marks were I touched it all over to get it out uuuugh
Shell
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 04:38:39 PM »

I think you can buy a silicone spray to help release them after cooling. Maybe someone else can help with a link?

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
alishelly
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 06:21:44 PM »

Shell Alphya is right you need to spray silicon into your mould I think WD-40 would be ok to use but just check to be sure
shelltilly

Shelltilly

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 06:34:16 PM »

Thank's Alishelly, has no one used metal mould's before, there the type that were pointed out to us on ebay the other day.  I got my one mould from 4candles.  I will only make them for myself, candles are so expensive to make and fragrance, I can't see any profit from them, in my area, people buy IKEA candles, I love the famous named ones though so I am saving money by making them myself, plus any FOs left in small amounts can be used up this way, I like to recycle candles that have burned down too, there's always so much waste, so I will re-melt and refragrance with a new wick, maybe in a jam jar, waste not want not, my Grandmother used to say.

Shell
alishelly
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »

Shell, I have only made container candles so far but need to re-order from 4candles next week so sending for some pillar blend and a couple of moulds to give them a go. I think if you want to make a profit on candles then you need to look at buying in larger quantities to make the raw materials more affordable will let you know how I get on with the pillar candles when I get my mould.
Alison
Michelle
senior
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »

Try putting it in the fridge . You can put it in the freezer but only for a few minutes or it may crack, wheras if you put it in fridge it slowly gets colder, then folded tea towel on worktop and do the terry egg tap on bottom of candle. it should come out fine then

Life is for Living, laughing and loving
alishelly
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 01:45:55 PM »

Had a go at pillar candles as soon as my PB wax arrived. I lightly wiped the inside of the mould with vegatable oil then once the wax had set I popped it in the fridge for a bit like Michelle suggested and once cooled down I 'tapped it and unwrapped it' and it came out a treat, fragranced it with Vanilla fo (@ 5% not 50%  :mwaha: ) going to try a test burn later :buttrf:
abrit
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 01:54:16 PM »

I always put mine in the fridge for 15 minutes or so, give it a bang when it comes out of the fridge and it usually comes out fairly easily.

I use FO at 10% in my candles though     hide
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: