MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
June 04, 2020, 04:58:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326819 Posts in 22243 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Reed Diffusers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Reed Diffusers  (Read 1551 times)
LimeBlossom
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:04:48 PM »

Has anyone tried reed diffusers to fragrance the home?
I bought the reeds and bottles of scent with a view to eventually sell them.

However the scents are very synthetic.
I have read that you can use perfumers alcohol and mix with FOs. I have looked into this and it seems the alcohol is quite expensive to buy.

Also I would need to provide glass bottles.

What are your thoughts?? Anyone used perfumers alcohol?

Linda
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:59:18 PM »

I thought of this a while ago but couldn't find nice bottles that would seal properly (i.e. the nice ones were all cork tops and knowing me they wold leak everywhere)

You can get nice bottles from French Flint,

Sorry, no help re the making of them though as I didn;t get that far  :mwaha:
LimeBlossom
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:18:24 PM »

Thanks Polly....dont think it will be cost effective. Should stick to soaps and candles for the mo.

Linda
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 09:51:27 PM »

I made them for Christmas presents a couple of years ago, but ended up not posting them (corks with bottles which I was not 100% certain of). I bought FO which was not too bad, although I do think it was a bit synthetic, and the diffuser base. The fragrance did not last very long.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
shelltilly

Shelltilly

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 10:16:19 PM »

I've hear they don't last very long, sorry, I think there too expensive and too spillable to sell, unless you have a shop and they don't have to move.  I defo wouldn't post.

Shell
LimeBlossom
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 12:23:39 PM »

Thanks guys. I will just use them for me... Grin
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 01:10:11 PM »

I got some for Xmas. They are quite expensive ones. Only came with 4 reeds which I found a bit mean at first, but they smell really really strong! I am thinking of taking one or two reeds out. I think they were molton brown or something similar and the fragrance is sandalwood and tobacco leaf. Its lovely! Not synthetic, manly but fresh.
I had a look at making these, but it would have to go into my posh line. The base+FO+container cost more than the ready-made thing at Argos. But if it lasts as long as the one I have at home (not even a quarter used yet) then they are well worth it for people.

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Nicola J

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 01:31:32 PM »

I saw some beaurtiful EO ones in lovely little holders for the bottles in the bathroom in a french eco B&B a while ago that I would love to copy, but you are right, it's the holder and EO quality that counts.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: