MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 05, 2020, 01:44:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326806 Posts in 22241 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  FO fragrance for candles and melts, what's your favorite ??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: FO fragrance for candles and melts, what's your favorite ??  (Read 1543 times)
shelltilly

Shelltilly

« on: February 04, 2011, 10:30:16 PM »

I made a wax melt tonight, just because I could'nt wait until my wax order came through, so I used some Beezwax that I had from making lip balm.
 I tried to remember what I'd read up on last month and thought I saw someone post fragrace oils were added above 50%  :mwaha:  well I must say it was very strong and when the takeaway curry arrived we had to move into another room to eat it,so we could taste our food.  Then I looked at the candle threads and read to use between 8 --10% or  15%.  What was I thinking !!!  My fave candle's are the Y****e sort, I must say I beat them, but I feel sick now   :mwaha: :mwaha:

It was Palmarosea from SP, very nice I must say, I think the neighbours can smell it down the road though.

I like cucumber, melon, freshed washed linen smells, cool and fresh, any idea's of which fragrances I should try.  I'm new to this and havn't smell. anywere near as many as you all have.  Actualy I like any of the Y****e candles, just can't thoile the price exept at xword time

Shell

Shell

Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 10:39:19 PM »

I don't know what the % for FOs is, but I think 50% might be a tad high. :mwaha:

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 10:50:35 PM »

Cucumber melon for me.
Not at 50% though. :mwaha:

Eire

alishelly
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 11:11:00 PM »

I like SP sweet orange chilli pepper and lime cooler, I add @ 5% :buttrf:
Mrs Green Hearts

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 09:01:52 AM »

50% might blow your nose off!!!

i use 10 to 12 %
favs are cherry amaratto ~ and great seller. and lavender berry ~ smells  very little like lavender but a lot like the old BS dewberry scent ~ its gorgeous

Honey
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 09:47:55 AM »

Oh I like all sorts of scents, depends on my mood - fresh citrusy ones like fresh orange sometimes, deep sandalwood other times, spicy like cloves and cinnamon other times.  Lately we've been using orange, cinnamon & cloves in our oil burner. 

Can you use FOs drop by drop in the oil burner too (with water)?

Curlywurly

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »

i fell in love with tropical vanilla though sadly its disconned.

i use loads of different scents in my melts. lemon and lime is lovely, baked apple pie, white tea and ginger, tikki island breeze is lovely and fresh.

i also like scents like vodoo love, and twigs and berries
shelltilly

Shelltilly

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 10:56:53 AM »

Honey I tried it in a burner and it do'snt last long and goes cloudy, I don't think it likes water and it dos'nt give off a throw like when it's in wasx. I tried it.

Shell
LimeBlossom
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 12:33:10 PM »

50% :mwaha:

I love sweet orange and chilli pepper, red hot cinammon, clean cotton, nag champa,,,,oohh I had lots of favourites...fig and brown sugar, japanese plum.... :buttrf:

I normally add between 8-10%.

Linda
Hayley
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 08:51:16 PM »

I am sure Kevins tutorial said 8-10% for soya wax.  This is what I do and it works a treat. I live vanilla and coconut smells.  I love making wax melts, I think the effect you get is great, the fragrance lasts for ages, and they are just as good as the famous ones, however I do love those also.

Enjoy xx  :buttrf:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: