MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
June 04, 2020, 04:19:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326819 Posts in 22243 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Tutorial for making candles ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Tutorial for making candles ?  (Read 2110 times)
shelltilly

Shelltilly

« on: January 22, 2011, 07:44:56 PM »

Is there a tutorial on this site for making candles and wax melts please,  I seem to only find soap making tutorials, I must be looking in the wrong pl;ace.
I read Kev Huh?? did one
Shell
alishelly
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 07:48:41 PM »

hi go to community and then members articals and you will find Kevs posting on candle making Smiley
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:53:41 PM »

There's a few on You Tube also. 

This is a no-nonsense one...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq2bBtJOVNk[/youtube]

But you will be able to see lots of others to look at once you are on YT  Smiley  :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:17:48 AM »

That is an awesome vid, makes it look as easy as basic M&P. I think I'd quite like to have a go at that Smiley

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
LimeBlossom
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:11:35 PM »

Hi Shell

Are you using soy or paraffin??

Linda
shelltilly

Shelltilly

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 09:05:16 PM »

Ive never used anything, It will really be ther first time, Ive remelted candle leftovers before and scented with EOs, litteraly my way, knowing nothing, but Im game for anything !!

Shell Smiley
LimeBlossom
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 06:28:30 PM »

I use soy wax from 4Candles UK. There are great links on there which let you know the melt point, heat point, what temp to add fragrances etc. If you are doing container candles you need to experiment for which wick gives the best burn pool and scent throw. It can take lots of attempts to find the correct one and even then they are affected by colour clogging the wick.

Be warned its very addictive and can take lots of test burns. Wax melts/tarts are quite easy to do but you still need to watch your temperature. They give excellent fragrance throw.

Let me know if you need anymore advice and I will try to help.

Linda  :buttrf:

Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 07:49:43 PM »

I've jumped on the bandwagon! I spend a stupid amount of money on candles and home fragrancing, so this could be fun and a bit more cost effective! I noticed that SB had their tealight cups on sale, so I bought some wax, some wicks, coloured wax chips, and a couple of fragrances. I hope it all turns up before the weekend!

LimeBlossom
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »

I hope your order arrives in time. Remember to post some pics Alphya. It is also very addictive. :buttrf:
Honey
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 02:03:05 PM »

I got loads of candle stuff from Santa... not even looked at it properly yet... might try to at the weekend though we will have a visitor coming. 

Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 04:06:34 PM »

I hope your order arrives in time. Remember to post some pics Alphya. It is also very addictive. :buttrf:

Fingers crossed! I'll definitely post pics, I know the rules Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: