MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 19, 2024, 06:48:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Stainless Steel Jug
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Stainless Steel Jug  (Read 2678 times)
Honey
Hero+ Member

« on: January 07, 2011, 09:36:03 PM »

Nisbets have a sale on right now plus free delivery - Santa brought me a candle making kit but I've no way of melting the way so found a stainless steel jug. They have a 2 pint one and a 4 pint one.. which is better to get do you think?

Could be used for soaping too maybe?

polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 09:38:39 PM »

When I make candles, I just use the bain marie method using a pryex jug.

Off to have a proper nosey at Nisbets and hopefully spend some money though
Honey
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 10:48:46 PM »

They sadly don't have the very deep stainless steel bowls they used to or I'd get more of them.  Plus their SB's are too expensive. 

Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 01:40:47 PM »

Thanks Honey, I was looking for a ss jug for melting wax but the ones on the candle making sites were so expensive.  Unfortunatly nisbets site is closed for maintenance until tomorrow so I can't check prices.

I would be tempted to get the bigger one maybe?  Depends if you think you are going to get into candle making & make a lot of them.

I used a stainless steel bowl to melt the wax in when I used my kit (one I normally use to make body butters).  Soy wax is easy to clean.
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 06:14:47 PM »

Ikea does a stainless steel jug - not that big, but it hooks over the pot, which I like

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/16968300

I go and hide now....before you all think I own shares in Ikea...

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: