MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
October 31, 2020, 01:47:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326836 Posts in 22247 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  The Wombling Free Board...
| |-+  Recycled, Revampled, Rehashed...
| | |-+  Making use of leftover shampoo / conditioner
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Making use of leftover shampoo / conditioner  (Read 2175 times)
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« on: November 13, 2010, 05:25:35 PM »

I dye my hair, and I normally use two boxes at a time. I don't always use both of the shampoo / conditoner tubes that come with them, and so I just keep the tubes in a box somewhere.
I was having a bit of a clearout the other day, and noticed that a LOT of these tubes, and thought I'd start using them. Then it hit me, rather than trying to use each mini tube at a time, why not put them in a bottle?

I stumbled across some travel size bottles from Primark recently. A pack of two lip-balm style jars, a funnel, and three plastic bottles with click open tops, plus some labels, for 99p. I thought I'd use those, and hey presto, I have some handy bottles of shampoo and conditioner.

P.S. The shampoo isn't yellow, it's just my poor lighting!

* DSC00054.jpg (37.84 KB, 582x406 - viewed 429 times.)

* DSC00054.jpg_thumb (47.76 KB, 200x139 - viewed 263 times.)

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 05:55:59 PM »

lol, my mum has been doing that for years. She has short hair, so she never uses up the conditioner and just fills it into a bottle. Once the bottle is full, she moves it to the shower and starts on another one. She actually uses the small plastic mixer bottle you get with the kit. Just rinse well before use.

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
soaphappy
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 01:53:18 AM »

That is so clever !!! I have several partial tubes I could use up this way.
Littleswift
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 12:57:25 PM »

I keep the little bottles for holidays. I've got loads of those Primark bottle kits though! Irresistible!  :mwaha:
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 01:13:49 PM »

Me too Grin

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
nikkir

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 02:40:21 PM »

I love those little sets from primark they are a bargain x
Rosh
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 11:45:11 PM »

Very thrifty of you!
I got a set of those bottles from primark too but one opened in my wash bag which put me off using them  Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: