MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 29, 2024, 01:28:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Swaps, Trades & For Sale
| |-+  Things for Sale & Special Members Offers!
| | |-+  Testing of products
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Testing of products  (Read 2146 times)
JJ
« on: January 09, 2011, 06:13:37 PM »

Hello

I'm JJ and brand new to this forum.  I have been making natural cosmetics for a few years now but have now taken the decision to make and sell them.  My usual guinea pigs have gone on strike saying unless I start selling my wares they are no longer available for testing - (can't get the staff these days!!!!!).

My question is, as I am looking to turn a hobby into a potential business where do I stand while testing products with regards to getting insurance and getting the products tested.  Do I need both, one or none.  I intend to extend the testing to beyond friends and family by getting together groups of potential future customers to use the products and give feedback.  Does anyone have any experience of setting up a focus group of people with the sole intention of them testing your products and getting feedback for them?

I would be grateful for any pearls of wisdom anyone has on this subject.  Please feel free to suggest anything I might have not mentioned or forgotten.

Have a good day

JJ

JJ
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 06:34:23 PM »

Hello JJ welcome to the forum.

I think most of us circulate new products around friends and family before putting on the market.

If your previously captive guinea pigs gave favourable feedback on your products then why not get a Safety Assessment and Insurance and start selling? (make more posts and eventually you will be able to see the board on legal issues).

I'd suggest introducing yourself on the Intro board and getting to know people here as you may find willing testers.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: