MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
May 14, 2024, 04:10:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  Greetings- newbie from the UK!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Greetings- newbie from the UK!  (Read 3224 times)
Lenne
« on: July 08, 2012, 05:21:13 PM »

Hullo there, I am brand new to this forum and after having a nosey-about I think I am in love- what a lovely community with so many talented people!

I am considering learning how to make soap and have some ideas kicking about in my head but ultimately I want to start my own business somewhere down the line when I am confident and making good quality soaps (which I am pretty sure will be a long way off)!

I still can't fully decide on which to learn but I think it would be smart to start with M&P and when I am braver move on to CP (I have 4 crazy cats and the world's tiniest kitchen with one window that won't open- not good conditions for working with CP heh)!

The rules and regs are a giant headache, plus there's this rule I've heard about soap shaped like food which is a no go (this surprises me as I can think of several online soapsellers that still make cupcakes, lollies, etc so maybe my interpretation of foodysoaps is completely wrong, I truly hope so because I'd love to make soaps that look like cakes) so I am very confused about which route to take. If I decide to stick with M&P it will be aimed for the more fun soaps, like the foody soaps because I am concerned that I won't be able to target the natural homemade market like you can with CP, and if I decide to opt for CP then I will need to work out a way to make it safely in regards to fumes, storage and whatnot. My poor head go bang!

Anyway I am waffling on too much... it's lovely to meet you- I am looking forward to making new friends, learning all I can, and maybe one day soon actually deciding on which route to take in my soaps Smiley

EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 05:28:26 PM »

Hello Lenne, welcome to the forum and it is the friendly forum.

Many people start with MP before trying CP/HP.

It's not always possible to find a topic which has answered a query (very many topics now and they often suffer from thread drift) so if you get stuck ask.

A few people here are owned by multiple cats and they cope.

As for storage...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:43:03 PM by EJ » Logged
nikkir

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »

Hello and welcome, looking forward to seeing some of your creations Smiley
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 05:58:08 PM »

Hello Lenne and welcome to the forum.  Thank you for that lovely intro.  I can't really advise on which route to take, but I would guess you can have fun and be creative with M&P and while you do this, you could be exploring and planning your first CP  Smiley

Anyway, I am sure you find your feet with it and then there'll be no stopping you  :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
TerrisGold

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 06:07:45 PM »

Hi Lenne, and a big welcome.................this is a really friendly and advice/support packed forum, you'll fit right in...... :buttrf:

You will just love making soap, so enjoy the journey and plunge right in.. Grin
Lisa

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 07:26:45 PM »

Hi Lenne welcome to the best and friendly forum on the web.  :buttrf:
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 08:24:38 PM »

Hi Lenne! Hi! Welcome to the forum that really is friendly and helpful!
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 08:47:43 PM »

Hi and welcome!  :buttrf:

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 09:18:57 PM »

Hello and welcome.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Lenne
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 10:02:04 PM »

Thankyou very much, you've all made me feel very welcome indeed!  Group hug I'm just hoping that my questions won't be too annoying- I'm currently using the search to see if I can find previous questions/answers and the ones I can't find I will toss your way- thanks again!
Kath

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 09:59:44 AM »

Hello Lenne Hi!
Tanya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 01:06:10 PM »

Hi ya Leanne,

You are very welcome to this wonderful fun place!!

Dont be afraid at all at all to ask questions!! There are plenty of very talented soapers here - so you wont be stuck!!

I just jumped right in to the CP/HP!! I still havent made any M&P - mainly cos I am too addicted to cp/hp now!!!  :mwaha:

Start thinking ahead - where will you store your ingredients? where will you cure your soaps? etc - look for every nook and cranny in your home to find places to store your goodies!!! Your home wont feel the same again!!! It is now going to be a home for soap!!!
Good luck and enjoy the ride, the learning and the excitement of it all!!! No worrying about regs etc for now - common sense goes a long way!! Just get stuck in - and think of obstacles as challenges!!!  Kiss :buttrf:

It will all be grand!!
www.facebook.com/soapiculture
Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 01:19:19 PM »

Hi Lenne, welcome!  Smiley
fionab

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 10:28:03 PM »

Hello and welcome. Smiley

Lynnie

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 06:03:58 AM »

Hi Lenne! Welcome! I'm sorry I missed welcoming you in a more timely manner. I don't know where my head has been. You're going to love it here. I'm really new, too. Everyone here is wonderful. You couldn't have found a better place to learn.  : )
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: