MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
May 13, 2024, 09:41:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  Hello from Italy!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Topic: Hello from Italy!  (Read 4323 times)
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 11:07:28 PM »

Hello there, welcome to the forum.

We did have a member living in Italy but she hasn't posted for quite some time.

She has family in the UK and, because of the Italian Regulations, found it easier to visit the UK to make her soaps; obviously not feasible for someone wishing to develop a main business though.

Although a European safety assessment is valid across Europe each country has different requirements re the actual production - so it's much easier for some than for others.
roughsleeper
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 01:24:07 AM »

welcome :buttrf:
fiddletree

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 11:50:59 AM »

Y'all are so friendly!

To answer questions:
I live in Valle d'Aosta, which is the smallest and least populated region in Italy, far far far in the northwest.  I can see Switzerland from my bedroom, and can almost see France (the valley does a little turn so a mountain blocks my view).  It's smack in the middle of the Alps, so it is absolutely gorgeous.  I came here because I fell in love with an Italian while walking a 1000 km long pilgrimage in Spain 5 years ago, and I'm very thankful he lived somewhere as nice as this! Now if only my house weren't so cold:)

Italian regulations....GRRRR.  I hate them.  They are impossible, and people in offices make stuff up to make you go away, so things you think you know you don't actually.  Are there any members on this board in Italy who sell?  The EU regs I get, but it is the national ones that are confusing me.  Also the safety assessment...I don't recall 76/768/EEC mentioning anything about the safety assessment that folks in the UK are always talking about.  It says I need a technical director to certify that everything is up to par (I have one), and carry out the necessary analysis, and I need to send my formulations (and supplier list) to the Italian Minister of Health.  I think a combo of those two is basically the same thing, but if someone knows better please correct me!

As for pictures... my hard drive died a week ago, taking most of my pics with it Sad.  But here is one that luckily was already living on the internet so you can see my 'soap style'.  Not the best picture, but you get the idea.  Patch & Clary Sage:

Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 12:01:21 PM »

Hello and welcome!! It sounds like you live in an idyllic setting!

I really like your Patch & Clary Sage soap - lovely layers and such a pretty top and the EO blend sounds nice (I have come to love patchouli since making my own soaps).

I sympathise re: the hard drive...I  had major computer problems last year, culminating in a virus that all but destroyed the PC. Fortunately everything was backed up on an external drive but it was a real pain, nonetheless!

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
fiddletree

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 12:38:14 PM »

I actually *hate* the smell of this soap, but all of my 'testers' are head over heels in love with it, so it stays.  My husband talks about it nonstop, and is convinced it will make us rich(HA! I wish).   It smells like puking hippies to me, but I have a bit of a hyperactive nose....

I wish I had backed up my drive, I was actually planning on doing it the day it died, but I didn't. It's only a few months old, so I didn't expect it to die so soon.  I should know better!
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »

fiddletree - Charlie was the member here that made soap. She has a blog as well, but hasn't posted in a while. The technical assessor sounds like the Safety Asessment. I do know, that in Italy you can' make soap in your kitchen, unless you have an idustrial kitchen that can be washed down at home. Charlie had major issues with that and I remember her saying, that she rented time in a morgue in the end  Egad!!

I can't find her blog, so not sure what happened.

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 01:45:27 PM »

found it - http://figandlemon.blogspot.com/

She lives on the Amalfi Coast, so quite far from you.

www.bubble-works.com
fiddletree

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 02:10:29 PM »

Thanks!

I have access to a certified lab, luckily.  Well, soon to be certified. Otherwise...well, it wouldn't be possible.  It's in the final stages of construction, so hopefully I can start the loads of paperwork by the end of the month to get this ball rolling!
Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »

ooh lovely soap there!  Welcome to the forum.   Smiley
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 02:22:53 PM »

Check with Charlie - she is really nice and you can contact her through the blog. She has done some of teh running around and I know, it drove her nuts.

You are not far from Nice and Cannes?

www.bubble-works.com
fiddletree

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 02:52:09 PM »

Nice isn't too far, although I must admit I've never been!  I think it's about a 4 hour drive, but you have to drive through Mont Blanc to get there, which is a pain and expensive, so we don't cross the border except when necessary.

I will contact Charlie!  From looking at her blog, she has some gorgeous soap, and any advice I can get from someone who has already traversed the beaurocratic hell here is surely a valuable resource!
Mrs Green Hearts

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 03:05:38 PM »

Hello and welcome (((waves)))

Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 05:14:11 PM »

What a lovely place you must live - sounds like my cuppa tea does that  :buttrf:

Lovely pic, love that layering is just gorgeous.

It smells like puking hippies to me

That did make me  :mwaha:  I guess that aroma is quite distinct

If you do get in touch with Charlie, please tell her we all miss her and if she's around, ask her to pop in to say hi  :buttrf:

I do hope you manage to get up and running without too much of a hassle.

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Iman

Natural Skin Care

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 09:43:59 PM »

Hello and welcome! You'll love it here!
figrose
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 01:54:01 PM »

Hellooo!
Long time no speak!

I REALLY need to clarify that I have NEVER rented space in a morgue to make soaps in!!!!
What were you thinking? Shocked
If the Italian Gov won't let me make soap in my kitchen they're hardly going to let me do it in a room full of dead people are they!
No, no no, I have never made soap in a morgue.... I promise angel

I've emailed you Fiddletree!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: