MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
May 16, 2024, 02:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  Hello, I've finally done it!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Topic: Hello, I've finally done it!  (Read 4138 times)
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 10:59:53 PM »

No matter how talented you think we are, every single one of us started from scratch ....
Naahh.. I started from the middle... I'm sure I did... if I remember right...

Welcome Nicola!  Hi!
Well done you taking the step to join the forum. You will love it here!  :buttrf:

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Nicola J

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 11:13:44 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! You're both right I think - I love the potential of my box - I have tidied it twice just to see how excitingly neat it is before I mess everything up, and I love the feeling of learning something new. At the same time there is previous knowledge from other fields that make it a development...==========[[[ well that ended that pontification. My old cat just walked on the keyboard glaring at me that I am not in bed for her to sleep on for the next 12 hours till feeding time. Sigh.
Lilfairylover
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 11:37:54 PM »

Hello Nicola,
From Nicola xxxx :mwaha: :buttrf: :mwaha:
halfabubbleoffplumb
Hero+ Member

rooibos sandalwood

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 12:15:31 AM »

Welcome, Nicola! You'll love it here, everyone is very supportive and full of very constructive criticism - the good kind! it's rare to find a group of people who care enough to deliver brutal honesty but from such a loving place. It's priceless and will help you grow! Perfect place for a newbie (I'm one, too!). Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/watershedsoapsandlotion
artisan soaps
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 01:44:38 AM »

Welcome to the forum Nicola  :buttrf:

This really is a lovely group of people, very friendly, supportive and willing to share their experiences to benefit us all .. And if it makes you feel any better I'm a newbie here too!
lynne

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 08:40:28 AM »

Hi Nicola
Welcome to the forum.  I'm originally from up North, but have been down South for the past 30 years, we must have done a swop

Smiley
Sleepingdragon10

Is it bedtime yet?

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 09:07:44 AM »

No matter how talented you think we are, every single one of us started from scratch .... everyone has to and it's the best way to learn.  Enjoy!!!!

The ONLY way to learn is to make the mistakes yourself, IMHO :buttrf:

Welcome Nicola, hope you enjoy being a part of the forum Smiley

Elaine Anderson

Baskets of my soaps

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »

Hi Nicola, You'll be hooked soon like the rest of us Shocked
Nicola J

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 02:07:08 PM »

Hello to all of you!

You are right, I am already being sucked in - it's becoming a habit - first wanting to know if I can make my own bodycare products, so surfing to find out, then surfing to find where to buy the ingredients and thus falling into the Fresholi trap! - Now (because I have been a bit under the weather today - and that's Mancunian weather so it's heavy) I am reading lots of your posts so I can get to know you a bit better - WHEN AM I GOING TO MAKE MY BODY BUTTER?! I think I like the individual ingredients so much - it's like beautiful multicoloured hanks of wool that you don't want to knit but just stash and look at.

However, the time will come tonight or tomorrow DEFINITELY...
halfabubbleoffplumb
Hero+ Member

rooibos sandalwood

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 02:29:07 PM »

Nicola! I know just how you feel - I have several hanks that are just too pretty to knit! I ended us making a felt bowl and just displaying them! They make me happy  Smiley

Hayley
Hero+ Member

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 02:40:53 PM »

Hi Nicola

Enjoy your creating, I made CP soap, Bath Bombs, melts and body butters, all for myself, family and friends.  We really enjoy them.  Have fun  :buttrf:
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 09:23:47 PM »

Hi Nicola, welcome aboard. I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

Eire

lyndsayfink
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 10:24:16 PM »

Hello Nicola, I'm new too and I just put in an order so will be caressing my box of goodies soon!

I think it's going to be nice and fun here as everyone seems so friendly!

Lyndsay
halfabubbleoffplumb
Hero+ Member

rooibos sandalwood

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 10:25:32 PM »

as long as you feed us pictures...  :mwaha:

Avril

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 04:40:19 AM »

Hi and welcome...once you start experimenting you won't want to stop !!!!   :buttrf:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: