MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
May 19, 2024, 02:53:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  first fair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Topic: first fair  (Read 5512 times)
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 11:40:26 PM »

Well?? Grin Pics?? Cheesy

Eire

yomojo
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 11:43:14 PM »

Hello Everyone!  Grin

Market was pants  Clueless and not just for me but everyone there–some people have decided not to bother coming back tomorrow. It's a two day fair. I was not expecting to have much sales and I've not got anything to loose by being there tomorrow.

The art and craft fair was located in the wrong place at the market in Leciester–no one knew there was a fair either. Anyway met a few interesting stall holders and some strange customers too  Grin

I made enough to pay for the stall over two days–so tomorrow should just be profit–well you know what I mean.

You can see my super simple minimalist stall from the links below. Everything fitted into a over the shoulder large cycle bag! They were a bit jealous of my one bag set-up and I felt naked next to them! Maybe I was and that would explain why hardly anyone came?  Grin

http://d.pr/USNx

http://d.pr/tUj8

Will give more feedback tomorrow.

Thank you for all the good wishes  Happy Bounce
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 11:52:03 PM »

Oh, that's a shame. Seems to be the trend with markets at the moment though, everywhere. Hope you have better luck tomorrow. I like your set up, although it could do with lifting/highlighting a little. It's a little too organic to get noticed. That would attract me, but most consumers need something less subtle.
You have a good few jars, have you any short planks of wood to create a shelf type system, provide a bit of height. 
Also if you had a cream coloured runner, it would add light to the arrangement.

Eire

yomojo
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 12:03:42 AM »

I wanted a simple shelf system (divided into boxes) but could not make-up anything in time or find one that I liked. Next time I will have one.

Oh the runner is not mine  Grin I was expecting a small table and instead had this huge thing–so one of the kind ladies next to me lent me some cloth. Tomorrow I will have some of my own cream cloth.

Thanks for the suggestions!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 08:21:50 AM by yomojo » Logged
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 12:16:49 AM »

I've used stuff from the shed many a time. A small length of plywood or MDF, othe bits of wood as raisers, draped and tucked with a white sheet, shelves out of wardrobes, whatever works. Nobody ever knew the difference. If they came around the back of the table, now that would be adifferent story. :mwaha:

Eire

Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 09:11:45 AM »

Doh!  The pages to the links won't open for me (I will try later).

What a shame it wasn't very good but at least you have covered the cost of the table so today it is all positive. 

Ooh wait, the page had just loaded while I was posting.....

OH I like your little chalkboards and baskets - looks really good.  Like Eire said, it might be worth adding some dimension to the table.   I do like the dark against that light background, it looks really effective.

Good luck for today and let us know how you get on  Wink :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Littleswift
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 09:47:58 AM »

You've arranged the materials you have beautifully, and I do envy the fact that you can travel light. Our setup is becoming positively baroque!

Scent is a much overlooked dimension. An oil burner can really grab people's attention and get them coming over to investigate..
LQT

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »

Good luck :buttrf:
Hayley
Hero+ Member

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 05:20:59 PM »

I really like your display it looks great  :buttrf:
yomojo
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 06:01:47 PM »

Today was a little worse than yesterday but I had good feedback again on the balm. That was the main thing for me to take 'it out' in the real world and see what people think. One lady came back for more! I had a beauty editor buy some and she took my card.

Overal it was worth doing the fair if nothing but for the exposure. The fair was located in the wrong place–nobodies fault there, as it was the first time they had come to Leicester.

I learnt lots everyone–so yes definitely worth doing. Oh yes travelling light helps hugely–I like my display hugely it reflects how like to do things–keeping it simple / minimal. I just need to add a small wooden case type thing. And it's so easy to set-up and pack-up Grin

Oh and I had an online sale today while I was at the fair  Grin

It's great to have all your feedback too!

Happy Dance
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 06:07:33 PM by yomojo » Logged
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 06:12:19 PM »

Oh Rajiv, it looks like there were lots of positives today, despite the poor sales at the event itself and lots to help motivate & keep you enthused.  Well done and well done for the online sales.  I hope that beauty editor gets in touch soon too  Wink  Well done!!  :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Littleswift
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 07:15:04 PM »

Yeah, great news about the beauty editor - everything crossed for some good publicity.
Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »

I agree it is worth getting out there, especially in the beginning - you learn about market stalls, dealing with the public (!) - you can refine your display, your packaging and product (if necessary) your patter

practise makes perfect

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
Em

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2011, 10:10:27 PM »

That sounds like a pretty good start actually! Fingers crossed you hear from the beauty editor, and well done on the repeat custom!

www.worldtreetherapies.co.uk
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2011, 10:18:51 PM »

I really like the simple set up, but perhaps the centre basket could be raised slightly. Getting out there is important, and it is great news about the beauty editor.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: