MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
May 19, 2024, 02:53:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  First "big" fair on Sunday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: First "big" fair on Sunday  (Read 4387 times)
LQT

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 08:49:32 PM »

good luck, hope it goes well
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 08:53:33 PM »

Good luck!

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 08:55:58 PM »

ooooh best of luck!!   :buttrf:
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 01:13:08 AM »

I hope you have an amazing day!
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 03:08:41 PM »

How did it go?   Smiley

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 06:46:06 PM »

Popcorn cup of tea News
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 12:03:53 AM »

Oh dear..........I don't think many people were shopping in Guildford on Sunday  Sad

I had no real need to be nervous - I suppose I had expected something a bit different, with it being held just off the High Street. The organisation of the event was brilliant, but even the best organisation won't make people come!

As it was, I cleared my stall fee and made money on top AND sold stock right across the board but a lot of the stallholders didn't and were very downcast - the girl with some fabulous artificial flower arrangements and christmas wreaths sold NOTHING Sad

I was really pleased with the interest in my body butter and my Winter Balm - and the solid massage bars and baby massage bars went as well. Soap was a mixture of CP and M&P and yes, I know, I haven't posted any pix but I will tomorrow - honest!

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 09:18:18 AM »

Oh that's sad.  I am sorry it was so rubbishy  Sad  big hug

Still, you have got your name around a bit and there's a good chance some of them will come back to you as we get closer to xmas. 

Just out of interest, in terms of experience, is there anything you have drawn from this that you will use in future events?

:buttrf: :buttrf:

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 11:12:39 AM »

Just out of interest, in terms of experience, is there anything you have drawn from this that you will use in future events?

:buttrf: :buttrf:

Oh, absolutely.....if I can, I'll check out the venue first! What I didn't put in my last post was that the unloading area was down a steep driveway with a small car park at the bottom where you could turn round. That was fine when we arrived, as the organisers had issued everyone with time slots, so we were able to unload and then go back up the driveway easily. However, at the end of the day, we weren't able to turn the car round (too many other vehicles) so we had to reverse up that driveway (a 45 degree slope!!).
When we got to the top, there was smoke pouring out from under the bonnet  Shocked and we were sure that we had burned out the clutch....which on any car is an expensive job and on the Volvo  - well- let's just say I almost cried!
We called the RAC and by the time they arrived, the car had cooled down - RAC man said that it was good we'd stopped when we did, as we probably saved the clutch.
Moral of the story - go and check the venue for access and make a plan for arriving and leaving!

Also......I will put out unwrapped soap samples because people wanted to smell the soaps but were reluctant to pick up the packaged ones.

I don't think there is much you can do with regard to "footfall" - the guy who had the stall opposite me - Quack's Pickles - said that he had done a tiny village hall event on Saturday and had been really, really busy all day (and hadn't expected to be, either). He reckoned everyone in the village came (it was Sherfield on Lodden's Holly Fair, I think). I guess I'd thought that, with it being Guildford, we would be busy but......

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 03:55:56 PM »

Oh it is good to see that you have pulled so many positives from the experience  :buttrf: :buttrf:

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 06:05:22 PM »

I'm sorry it wasn't the greatest for you...  Good on you for seeing the bright side in it.... :buttrf:
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: