MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
May 19, 2024, 04:09:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Suggestion Box
| |-+  Suggestions For Site Improvement
| | |-+  SMF for iPhone
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: SMF for iPhone  (Read 4764 times)
kevie192

« on: March 18, 2010, 09:33:49 AM »

Hi Kes / H,

Just wondered if you would consider installing the iPhone theme for this forum? It would make viewing on my new toy so much easier!

Thanks,

Kevin x

Kestrel
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 12:33:20 AM »

Hello Kevin,

I've had a look at the iphone theme.  Seems it is developed for SMF 2.0 which is still at release candidate stage.
Eventually I plan to upgrade to 2.0, but I ran an earlier RC version elsewhere and it filled up the whole allocated webspace with core files that were dumped when it returned errors.  I think it was about 10Gb.

I decided then to wait until it was released for production before upgrading.

But I will surely install the iphone theme when we upgrade.
It seems very good in that it detects if you're accessing the site with a mobile device, and if you are, it switches from default to the iphone theme which is optimised for mobile devices.

A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle.
kevie192

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 09:17:40 AM »

Oh dear, 10GB of random files is not good!

On my old phone, the forum knew I was on the phone and sent an optimised version with text only which worked rather well.

Now I'm on the iPhone, I just get the full version because the phone is able to cope with it. I presume the iPhone theme contains all of the information and graphics of the main theme but the text and table widths are sized to be appropriate for the display.

If you didn't want to go down the theme route, I think there are also a forum 'plug in' that can be installed which allow viewing of the forum with an app... It's called Tapatalk and it now supports SMF 1.1 and 2.0. Details are here. From reading that, it seems something needs to be installed on your server for free then I just pay a small amount for the app.

Cheers,

Kevin

JayC
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 08:39:13 AM »

I think that it was the best idea for installation because it has a good resolution in displaying the theme for this forum. It could be a good plan to continue the process of viewing it. This is the much easier,and I was totally appreciating it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: